When it comes to choosing a new home or commercial property, location is key. One important factor to consider is the proximity to amenities and services. Here’s why this matters:
Convenience is a top priority for many people. When you have access to the things you need on a daily basis, it can make your life much easier. For example, if you have a grocery store, pharmacy, and other essential services within easy reach, you won’t have to go out of your way to get the things you need. This can save you time and money, and make your daily routine more efficient.
In addition to convenience, proximity to amenities and services can also impact the value of your property. If you are considering buying a home or commercial property, it’s important to think about the resale value. A property that is conveniently located near amenities and services can be more appealing to potential buyers or tenants, which can increase the value of the property.
Proximity to amenities and services can also have an impact on your quality of life. For example, if you have a park or green space nearby, you’ll have a place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. If you have access to cultural amenities, such as museums or theatres, you’ll have more opportunities to engage in activities that interest you. And if you have access to public transportation, it can make it easier to get around and explore your city or town.
Of course, everyone’s needs are different, and what constitutes “proximity” will depend on your individual circumstances. If you have a car, you may not mind living a little further from amenities and services. On the other hand, if you rely on public transportation or don’t have a car, you’ll want to be sure that the things you need are within walking distance or easily accessible by bus or train.
So, how can you assess the proximity of a property to amenities and services? Here are a few tips:
- Make a list of the things you need on a daily basis, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, schools, public transportation, and your place of work.
- Use online maps to get a sense of the distance to these amenities and services from the property you are considering.
- Consider the walking or biking distance, as well as the driving distance.
- If you rely on public transportation, research the availability and frequency of buses or trains in the area.
- Talk to the local police department or a real estate agent to get a sense of the overall safety of the neighbourhood and the convenience of the location.
By considering the proximity of a property to amenities and services, you can make a more informed decision about the location of your new home or commercial property. Whether you are looking for convenience, value, or quality of life, proximity to amenities and services is an important factor to consider.
For more tips about choosing a property, please see 8 Tips for Assessing the Location of a Property in 2023.